In addition, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any NewsBlurt Service are trademarks or trade dress of NewsBlurt in the U.S. and other countries. NewsBlurt's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not NewsBlurt's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among the public, or in any manner that disparages or discredits NewsBlurt. All other trademarks not owned by NewsBlurt that appear in any NewsBlurt Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by NewsBlurt.
Visitors may post reviews, comments, photos, and other content; send e-cards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. NewsBlurt reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant NewsBlurt a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant NewsBlurt and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify NewsBlurt for all claims resulting from content you supply. NewsBlurt has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. NewsBlurt takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
NewsBlurt respects the intellectual property of others. However, practice our right to legal fair use in the state of California. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes true copyright infringement, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
If you prefer to submit a report in writing, please provide us with this information:
A physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
NewsBlurt's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on its site can be reached as follows:
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying NewsBlurt that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
These website terms and conditions apply solely to websites owned or operated by NewsBlurt Media (aka NewsBlurt). Please note that certain other NewsBlurt Media sites or interties may have additional terms and conditions regarding your use of those services, and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to modify such additional terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
All text, graphics, interfaces, photographs, videos, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, computer code, and other materials contained on this website (collectively, “Content”) are owned, controlled or licensed by NewsBlurt Media, its affiliates or its licensors, and are protected by copyright, patent, trademark and other laws. Except as may be expressly set forth in these terms and conditions, no license or right to use the Content is granted to you, and you agree not to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, sell, license, rent, publicly display or perform, edit, modify or create derivative works of any Content without NewsBlurt Media’s express prior written authorization.
Additionally, without the express prior written authorization of NewsBlurt Media, you may not:
use any data mining robots ("bots"), hardware or software modules that add a specific feature or service by plugging into an existing larger system ("plug-ins"), or other data gathering and extraction tools, scripts, applications, or methods on this site;
use any device, software, or hardware to bypass any operational element or to interfere, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of this site, server or activities conducted therein;
take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this site or its network infrastructure or that adversely affects our network or other customers;
decompile, reverse engineer, modify or disassemble any of the software in or associated with the site or its network infrastructure;
use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing NewsBlurt Media’s or NewsBlurt’s name or any NewsBlurt Media or NewsBlurt trademark without NewsBlurt Media’s prior written permission; or
otherwise exceed your limited access to the site as authorized by NewsBlurt Media.
The website may contain other proprietary notices, content or describe products, services, processes or technologies owned by NewsBlurt Media or third parties. Except as may be expressly set forth herein, nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the user a license or right under any copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity or right of privacy or other proprietary or intellectual property right of NewsBlurt Media or any third party.
NewsBlurt and the NewsBlurt logo are trademarks. Nothing contained in this website should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, a license or right of use of NewsBlurt or the NewsBlurt logo without the express prior written permission of NewsBlurt Media.
Requirements for linking to www.newsblurt.com
You may link to our site, subject to the following guidelines:
- You must link only to our homepage, and not to pages within the site itself.
- The NewsBlurt link must not appear connected to any other logos and graphics.
- The NewsBlurt link must not be used in any way that implies an endorsement or sponsorship by NewsBlurt Media or the NewsBlurt service of any third party or their product or service.
- You may only use a text hyperlink, and no use of the NewsBlurt logo or NewsBlurt artwork or graphics is permitted.
- The NewsBlurt trademark must not be associated with unfair, deceptive or libelous advertising or commentary or used in any way that will tend to injure or compromise our professional reputation and corporate identity and policies.
Consent to Monitoring and Disclosure
NewsBlurt Media is under no obligation to monitor the website and any other information residing on or transmitted to our servers. However, anyone using this website agrees that NewsBlurt Media may monitor the site and its server’s contents periodically to (1) comply with any necessary laws, regulations or other governmental requests and (2) to operate the website properly or to protect itself and its users. NewsBlurt Media reserves the right to modify, reject or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to its servers that it, in its sole discretion, believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions and to suspend or end your access to the site for any operational or governmental reason or violation of these terms and conditions. Unauthorized use of this site or the network infrastructure is illegal and NewsBlurt Media reserves the right to take legal action.
Submission of Ideas, Comments and Questions
We welcome your comments and questions about our site, products and services ("Comments"). However, we ask you limit your Comments to your experiences with our site, products and services. Please do not to send us any unsolicited creative ideas, suggestions, materials, or information about technologies, including but not limited to creative artwork, samples, plans, ideas for new products, promotions, product names, advertising campaigns, technologies or processes ("Ideas"). Please note that the Comments you submit, and any Ideas you nevertheless submit in violation of these terms and conditions, will become the property of NewsBlurt Media, and NewsBlurt Media and its affiliates are free to copy, use, modify, disclose and distribute your Comments and Ideas without restriction for any purposes whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you; additionally, you hereby grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license (with right to sublicense) to NewsBlurt Media and its affiliates to any intellectual property rights you own required for NewsBlurt Media or its affiliates to fully exploit the Comments or Ideas you submit. Finally, nothing in any Comments and Ideas that you submit shall in any way prevent the purchase, development, manufacture or use of any product, service, plan or idea by NewsBlurt Media or its affiliates.
Collection of Personal Information
Disclaimer of Liability
THE USER OF THIS SITE ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR THE USE OF THIS SITE AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. NEWSBLURT MEDIA AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DOCUMENTATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, ACCESSED FROM, OR VIA, THIS SITE OR THE INTERNET, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. VERIZON MEDIA DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT, APPARATUS, PRODUCT OR PROCESS DISCLOSED ON THE SITE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL NEWSBLURT MEDIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY CONTENT, THIS SITE OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY.
Any NewsBlurt Media material on this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ADVICE OR CONTENT GIVEN BY NEWSBLURT MEDIA, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. NEITHER NEWSBLURT MEDIA NOR ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTIBLE OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any products, services, processes, hypertext links to third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by NewsBlurt Media. Product and service information is the sole responsibility of each individual vendor. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the terms and conditions and privacy statements of each and every web site that you visit. We are not responsible for the practices or the content of such other web sites.
Viewing Third Party Video Content (“Clips”) on this Website
It may be possible for you to view Clips on the site. You understand that:
- Clips are licensed to you on a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-commercial, revocable and non-transferable basis only. Clips are for your private viewing. We may add or remove Clips at any time without notice.
- Clips may include advertising.
- Clips may include content unsuitable for all viewers, and you may have access to content that is sexually explicit, offensive, or otherwise unsuitable or objectionable, especially for children under the age of 18. You, or your parent or legal guardian if you are between 13 and 18 years old, agree to supervise your viewing of Clips.
- The viewing of Clips may be interrupted or limited by us at our discretion or may otherwise not display properly due to variables beyond our control including, but not limited to, the speed and availability of your wireless or broadband network connection. You may experience delays or technical difficulties caused by or related to such variables, as well as the technical limitations of the electronic devices on which you view the Clips.
- All Clips, including, without limitation, images, animations, previews, video programming, information services, audio, music, and text, are the property of NewsBlurt Media, its affiliates or its licensors. You understand and acknowledge that your rights with respect to the Clips are limited by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and, among other things, you may not copy, distribute or publicly perform any Clips. All rights regarding your use of the Clips not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved by NewsBlurt Media, its affiliates and/or its licensors.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Pursuant to Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, all claims of copyright infringement for material that is believed to be residing on NewsBlurt system or network, should be promptly sent in the form of written communication to NewsBlurt Media’s Designated Agent:
Designated Agent for DMCA Notices
NewsBlurt- Attn: Copyright Department
Santa Clarita, California 91390
IMPORTANT NOTE: No other notices or communications should be sent to the designated agent, who is appointed solely for the purpose of receiving notices of claims alleging copyright infringement under the DMCA.
Specific requirements for proper notification of claimed infringement are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(3)). Valid notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- Signature of copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- Identification of copyrighted work claimed to be infringed;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party (address, phone number and, if available, email address);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right allegedly being infringed.
Please be aware that there are substantial penalties for false claims.
If a notice of alleged copyright infringement under the DMCA has been wrongly filed against you, you may submit a counter-notification to the service provider’s designated agent. A valid counter-notification is a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the U.S., for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the complainant.
How to Report Child Pornography
Child pornography is the depiction of a child under the age of eighteen (18) engaged in sexually explicit behavior. If you see what you believe is child pornography that has been posted by a third party on a Newsblurt Media website, or you receive it on your phone in an e-mail or picture message, or download, please immediately contact your local FBI field office or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children ("NCMEC"). It is important that you do not copy, send, or forward the content unless and until you have been directed to do so by an authorized law enforcement officer. You can find contact information for your local FBI office by visiting the following website: www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm. To contact NCMEC, please call 1-800-843-5678 (Child Pornography Tipline). You can also file a report online at the following NCMEC website:
All information posted on the site is subject to change without notice. In addition, these terms and conditions may be changed at any time without prior notice. We will make such changes by posting them on the site. You should check the site for such changes frequently. Your continued access of the site after such changes conclusively demonstrates your acceptance of those changes.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless NewsBlurt Media and its affiliates, including its and their employees, directors, officers, agents, business partners, affiliates, contractors, distribution partners and representatives, from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including attorney's fees and costs, arising from, or related to, any breach by you of any of these terms and conditions or applicable law.
Except for trademark and copyright matters governed by the federal laws of the United States, the foregoing provisions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California, without regard to the principles of conflict of law thereof.
Copyright NewsBlurt. All rights reserved